Courses and language prerequisites
Exchange students can select courses from three different categories, according to their individual needs and French proficiency levels. Please note that all courses are taught in French. You will find all necessary information in our course directory.
Language and Civilisation courses – French B1 level achieved
French Language courses (Inal’FLE) – no minimum, full beginners accepted
Inalco offers French as a Foreign Language courses. All proficiency levels are available from A1 (full beginner) to C1 (advanced)
Please note that a French language test will be sent to incoming students before their arrival at Inalco. Its results will determine the group level to which the student will be registered at Inalco, regardless of other results from DELF/DALF exams.
Professional Track courses – French C1 level achieved
+ Minimum B2 level in English for the "International Relations" course
Please note that access to Inalco’s Professional Track courses is competitive and subject to final approval from an admission committee.
To be noted:
- Students will have to ensure that they respect the language prerequisites for all chosen courses: otherwise, they will not be registered for the chosen courses.
- Students will have to respect a limit of 30 ECTS per semester.
- In 2022/2023, each course having a limited number of places, the courses from the Korean department will not be accessible to exchange students. If you have any question about the courses offered by Inalco, please do not hesitate to contact our Incoming Mobility Coordinators.
Step 1: The partner university pre-selects the students it wishes to nominate and communicates this information to Inalco.
Step 2: Nominated students will directly receive by e-mail instructions on how to apply. They will be asked to submit an online application form with an ID photo, a photocopy of their passport/national ID and a French language test (DELF/DALF) or certificate from their home university.
Additional documents for students interested in taking courses from Inalco’s Professional Tracks:
- CV (written in French or in English)
- Cover Letter (written in French)
- English language test or certificate (minimum B2) - only for the "International Relations" courses
Step 3: Inalco will consider the forms and documents submitted and transmit a Letter of Acceptance to students selected for admission.
Step 4: Students with an admission offer can then begin to prepare for their study period in France (visa, accommodation search, course enrollment, etc.). Inalco's International Office will provide all the necessary assistance.
Academic year 2022/2023
- Orientation Session*: September 7, 2022
- First day of classes: September 12, 2022
- Last day of classes: December 18, 2022
- Examination period: December 2022 - January 2023
- Resit session: July 2023
- Orientation session*: January 20, 2023
- First day of classes: January 23, 2023
- Last day of classes: May 15, 2023
- Examination period: May 15 - June 3, 2023
- Resit session: June 19 - July 4, 2023
*The orientation session is compulsory and marks the beginning of your exchange program.
Prices range from €400 to €600.
Students wishing to apply for one of these residences must include this information in their online application form.